Holmdel FC Player Code Of Conduct
I understand that as a playing member of Holmdel FC or NJX, I must follow the rules and policies of the club and any leagues or competitions that we participate in. I understand that, as a player, I am a representative of Holmdel FC and as such, must not conduct myself in a way that reflects poorly on the club. I also understand that my playing rights are dependent on my adherence to the following.
- I will respect the game of soccer and its laws. I will learn these laws and I will play the game fairly.
- I will make every effort to get to all team events. If I cannot attend I will give timely notice to my coach of my absence.
- I will show respect for the match officials, even though I will sometimes disagree with their decisions.
- I will work for the good of the team and conduct myself with honor and dignity at all times.
- I will show good sportsmanship to my opponents before, during and after games.
- I will help my parents and fans understand the Laws of the Game so they can watch and enjoy the game better and understand that dissent is not permitted.
Holmdel FC Parent Code Of Conduct
While winning is important, I recognize that fair play is the essence of the game.
I will set a good example to my child by behaving at all times in accordance with the following:
- I will not openly criticize the referees before, during or after games.
- I will not openly criticize our opponents or engage in arguments with their parents or officials during or after games.
- I will only give positive feedback to players on both teams.
- I will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play.
- I will be mindful of our opponent’s feelings when cheering for our team in lop-sided games.
- I shall do my best to teach my player to become a student of the game and do likewise.
- I will show the quality of our sportsmanship during and after each and every match and encourage my child to congratulate opponents and match officials after every game.
- I will do my very best to have our child on time and prepared for every match. • I understand that improper behavior at a match, practice or other Holmdel FC-sponsored event may result in a parent being asked to leave the field or the event by a referee, coach or team manager.
- I understand that, upon review of improper behavior by the Board of Directors of Holmdel FC, a parent can, and will if necessary, be suspended from watching their child play should such behavior be considered rude or otherwise offensive.
- I will leave the coaching to the coach and refrain from giving my child or any team-mate any instructions during training or games
- I will endeavor to give timely notice (>24h) to my coach should my player be unable to attend a team event.
• Should I have a soccer-related concern regarding my player that I would like to address with the coach I agree to reflect for at least 24h before raising the issue with the coach.
Holmdel FC Coaches Code Of Conduct
I understand that as a coach of Holmdel FC or NJX, I must follow the rules and policies of the club and any leagues or competitions that we participate in. I understand that, as a coach, I am a representative of Holmdel FC and as such, must not conduct myself in a way that reflects poorly on the club. I also understand that my coaching rights are dependent on my adherence to the following.
- Take all reasonable precautions to insure the safety of each youth.
- Take whatever action necessary to control the actions of their fans.
- Be accountable for all Holmdel FC issued property, fields, and buildings, including equipment located on the field or in the building being utilized.
- Report all injuries or damage to school or county property to Holmdel FC within 24 hours of such occurrence.
- Report to Holmdel FC any inquiry into the policy of the program or possible violation thereof, as well as whatever action has been taken.
- Abide by all Holmdel FC rules and regulations.
- Ensure the cleanliness of facilities upon completion of his or her activity.
Under no circumstances will a coach:
- Use profanity at or to any youth, parent, or official.
- Physically or psychologically or verbally abuse any youth on his or her team, or any other team, referee, Holmdel FC volunteers (coaches, team managers, etc.), or Holmdel FC contractor, even in jest.
- Strike, push, or shove any game official, another coach, or a spectator.
- Drop any youth from participation without the action first being approved by Holmdel FC. Holmdel FC must be notified immediately if any player is suspended temporarily for disciplinary reasons.
- Represent himself or herself as an officer or spokesperson for Holmdel FC to any group, committee, or county agency without approval of the Holmdel FC board.
- Pressure any youth into participation by informing the youth that if he or she does not play this season he or she will be ineligible to play on the team next season.
- Offer to any other group or organization use of any Holmdel FC equipment or facilities without approval of Holmdel FC.
- Condone the use of any drugs, alcoholic beverages, or any other undesirable activity.